I’ve been thinking about the state of the world, the state of the country, the state of our attitude toward others…and considering we just celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr.s birthday this past Monday here in the U.S., the idea of dreams began to form a poem. Hope you like it.
Don’t Ask a Dinosaur (Pow! Kids Books), the new picture book I co-wrote with Deb Bruss, doesn’t hit bookshelves until April 17, but the book tour is already taking shape with several dates! Here’s how our schedule looks right now:
- Sat., April 14, 11am: Toadstool Bookshop, Peterborough, NH (Children’s Author Day with illustrator Ryan O’Rourke AND Local Book Launch for Don’t Ask a Dinosaur!)
- Sat., April 14, 2pm: Toadstool Bookshop, Keene, NH (Children’s Author Day with illustrator Ryan O’Rourke AND Local Book Launch for Don’t Ask a Dinosaur!)
- Tue., April 17, 7pm: Porter Square Books, Cambridge, MA, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur National Launch Party!!
- Thur., April 26, 10:30am: Pillsbury Free Library, Warner, NH Dinosaur Storytime with Don’t Ask a Dinosaur!
- Sun., April 29, 2pm: MainStreet BookEnds, Warner, NH Don’t Ask a Dinosaur reading/signing and discussion
- Sat., May 5, 1pm: Barnes & Noble, Nashua, NH Don’t Ask a Dinosaur reading/signing
- Sat., May 12, 11am: Gibson’s Bookstore, Concord, NH Don’t Ask a Dinosaur reading/signing
School People (Wordsong), Lee Bennett Hopkins’ newest children’s poetry anthology, arrives Feb. 13 to bookstores everywhere! The book includes 15 poems about the grown-ups that children meet at school…and I’m so honored to have my poem, “Bus Driver,” included!
It’s a beautiful book, edited by my Flashlight Night editor Rebecca Davis, so I hope you’ll consider picking up a copy. If you’d like, you can read a couple of wonderful reviews from Publisher’s Weekly and from Kirkus!
For more poetry, be sure to visit Kay McGriff at A Journey Through the Pages for today’s complete Poetry Friday roundup!
- NY Public Library’s “100 Best Book for Kids 2017!”
- KIRKUS Starred review!
- Amazon “Best Books of the Month,” Sept. 2017!
- “Best Reads of 2017,” Unleashing Readers
Purchasing personalized signed copies ONLINE? Yes, it’s true!
I’ve teamed up with the good folks MainStreet BookEnds in Warner, NH to present an option for people who would love to have a signed copy of one of my books but don’t live anywhere near me. MainStreet BookEnds has ALL but one of my books available for ordering…and the best part is, you can get them personalized!
Just log onto my website and click the cover of whichever book you want, and they will get it to me to sign and send it off to you. Try doing that with those big online booksellers! (Plus, you’ll be helping to support local book-selling – and wouldn’t that make you feel good?)