THE DINOSAURS ARE COMING!
My box of author copies just arrived yesterday, along with a separate box of Don’t Ask a Dinosaur (Pow! Kids) bookmarks! The book, co-authored with Deborah Bruss, arrives in stores everywhere April 17, and we’re planning a dinosaur-sized celebration including TWO launch parties, a special blog tour, an interview with illustrator Louie Chin, and a book giveaway!
If you’d like to pick up a signed copy, just scroll down a bit and you’ll see the complete schedule of where we’re going to be – or you can place your pre-orders now and have your copy personally signed!
As for today’s poem, I took advantage of one of New England’s recent nor-easters by playing outside with my kids (a perk of being a stay-at-home parent and a luxury for a children’s writer), and my 4-year-old daughter and I put this fellow together:
After I took the photo, I realized a short little poem was in order!
None Like Me
I’m sure you’ve seen my relatives.
We’re very much the same:
white, round, sticks for arms,
afraid of open flames.
Some wear old hats or woolen scarves
to keep them looking fine,
but chances are you’ve never seen
a coiffure quite like mine.
– © 2018 Matt Forrest Esenwine, all rights reserved
For more poetry, please visit my friend and fellow blogger/writer Laura Purdie Salas, who is hosting Poetry Friday today at her little spot on the web, Writing the World for Kids.
Also, the Madness! Poetry competition is down to the 4th round with only EIGHT challengers remaining, so be sure to log on and vote for your favorite poems!
DON’T ASK A DINOSAUR hits bookshelves April 17!
New dates continue to be added to the Dinosaur Tour! Here’s the most up-to-date schedule:
- Sat., April 14, 11am: Toadstool Bookshop, Peterborough, NH, (Children’s Author Day with illustrator Ryan O’Rourke AND Local Book Launch for Don’t Ask a Dinosaur!)
- Sat., April 14, 2pm: Toadstool Bookshop, Keene, NH, (Children’s Author Day with illustrator Ryan O’Rourke AND Local Book Launch for Don’t Ask a Dinosaur!)
- Tue., April 17, 7pm: Porter Square Books, Cambridge, MA, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur Dual National Launch Party!! (with Holly Thompson, One Wave at a Time reading/signing/discussion)
- Thur., April 26, 10:30am: Pillsbury Free Library, Warner, NH, Dinosaur Storytime with Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People!
- Sat., April 28, 10:30am: Brookline Booksmith, Brookline, MA, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People reading/signing
- Sat., April 28, 2pm: Barnes & Noble, Framingham, MA, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur reading/signing (with Sara Levine, Fossil by Fossil: Comparing Dinosaur Bones reading/signing)
- Sun., April 29, 2pm: MainStreet BookEnds, Warner, NH, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People reading/signing and discussion
- Sat., May 5, 10am: Barnes & Noble, Burlington, MA, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People reading/signing
- Sat., May 5, 1pm: Barnes & Noble, Nashua, NH, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People reading/signing
- Sat., May 12, 11am: Gibson’s Bookstore, Concord, NH, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People reading/signing
- Wed., May 16, 12pm: Concord Hospital Gift Shop, Concord, NH, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People signing
- Sat., May 19, 11:30am-3pm: Barnes & Noble, Salem, NH, National Storytime at 11am, followed by Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People reading/signing
- Sat., June 2, 1-3pm: Books-A-Million, Concord, NH, Don’t Ask a Dinosaur and School People reading/signing
Thank you so much to all the librarians, bloggers, and parents who are still discovering “Flashlight Night!”
- NY Public Library’s “100 Best Book for Kids 2017” AND “Staff Pick!”
- KIRKUS Starred review!
- Amazon “Best Books of the Month,” Sept. 2017!
- “Best Reads of 2017,” Unleashing Readers
Purchasing personalized signed copies ONLINE? Yes, it’s true!
I’ve teamed up with the good folks MainStreet BookEnds in Warner, NH to present an option for people who would love to have a signed copy of one of my books but don’t live anywhere near me. MainStreet BookEnds has ALL but one of my books available for ordering…and the best part is, you can get them personalized!
Just log onto my website and click the cover of whichever book you want, and they will get it to me to sign and send it off to you. Try doing that with those big online booksellers! (Plus, you’ll be helping to support local book-selling – and wouldn’t that make you feel good?)