Last week, I told you that unless an asteroid was to hit, my next picture book, I Am Today (POW! Kids Books) would be officially published today.
It wasn’t exactly an asteroid, but I just learned from my editor that Simon & Schuster apparently needed more time to process the books that arrived at their warehouse a couple of weeks ago. So now it’s NEXT Tuesday, March 1 that we’ll be seeing the book arrive.
So now, after 7 different publication dates and six delays, I have my fingers, toes, and just about every other available body part crossed that it does, indeed, arrive! Folks who have already seen it have loved it, and I hope you will, too…
Many thanks to all the wonderful bloggers
who have shared their opinions about
I AM TODAY:
- “An evocative story of a young girl standing up for what she believes in.”
Roxanne Troup, GoodReads with Ronna
- “Flawless rhymes and stunning illustrations…A wonderful book that should be in every home, classroom and library!”
The Momma Spot / Future Bookworms
- “This inspiring, heartfelt picture book literally gave me goosebumps with its hopeful message.”
Marianne Knowles, author and STEM Curriculum Coordinator at the Museum of Science, Boston
- “[The book] brings to mind that every child is unique and has a VOICE. Hopefully, it will find cozy corners in bedrooms and reading/writing stations in classrooms.”
Carol Varsalona, literacy advocate and Wonder Lead Ambassador for Wonderopolis
- “An absolute delight…Love, love, love it!”
Brian Gehrlein, author of THE BOOK OF RULES (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2022)
The “I Am Today” Blog Tour:
- Nov. 14: Unleashing Readers
- Nov. 29: You May Contribute a Verse
- Nov. 30: Picture Book Spotlight
- Dec. 2: Celebrate Picture Books
- Dec. 3: Beyond Literacy Link
- Dec. 4: Vivian Kirkfield’s “Will Write for Cookies”
- Dec. 7: Writer’s Rumpus
- Dec. 20: Maria C. Marshall’s “Picture Book Buzz”
- Dec. 24: Maria C. Marshall’s “Perfect Picture Book Friday”
- Jan. 4: Future Bookworms (Instagram) / The Momma Spot (blog)
- Jan. 19: PB22Peekaboo
- Feb. 10: GoodReads with Ronna
Read Across America Day is only a week away, March 2, 2022 and I still have a few slots available!
I am once again offering free, 20-minute visits with schools and libraries all across the country, so if you’d like me to read one of my books to your class and share a few details about “the story behind the story,” send me an email and let me know!
View my complete list of books below, if you’re wondering what you might like me to read – or I can pick one. It’s up to you! But slots are filling up, so please contact me as soon as you can.
I’m now a part of the BOOKROO family!
Create an account to add books to wishlists and be notified of special deals and dates…create custom collections…and discover and follow your favorite authors & illustrators!
I continue adding to my “Wit & Wordplay” videos ! These videos were created for parents and educators (along with their kids) to learn how to write poetry, appreciate it, and have fun with it. From alliteration and iambs to free verse and spine poetry, I’m pretty sure there’s something in these videos you’ll find surprising! You can view them all on my YouTube channel, and if you have young kids looking for something to keep busy with, I also have several downloadable activity sheets at my website.
Ordering personalized signed copies online? Oh, yes, you can!
Click any of the covers below to order!
Just click the cover of whichever book you want and send a comment to the good folks at MainStreet BookEnds in Warner, NH requesting my signature and to whom I should make it out. (alternatively, you can log onto my website and do the same thing) They’ll contact me, I’ll stop by and sign it, and then they’ll ship it! (Plus, you’ll be supporting your local bookseller – and won’t that make you feel good?)
Thank you to everyone for your support!
- NY Public Library’s “100 Best Book for Kids 2017” AND “Staff Pick!”
- KIRKUS Starred review!
- Kansas NEA Reading Circle Recommended Books!
- “Best Reads of 2017,” Unleashing Readers
- Finalist, 2019 New Hampshire Literary Awards
- Positive reviews from Horn Book, School Library Connection, School Library Connection, Booklist, Publisher’s Weekly, and Shelf-Awareness!
DON’T ASK A DINOSAUR:
- “Rollicking rhyme!” – Booklist
Did you like this post? Find something interesting elsewhere in this blog? I really won’t mind at all if you feel compelled to share it with your friends and followers!
To keep abreast of all my posts, please consider subscribing via the links up there on the right! (I usually only post once or twice a week – usually Tues. and Fri. – so you won’t be inundated with emails every day) . Also feel free to visit my voiceover website HERE, and you can also follow me via Twitter , Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and SoundCloud!